Sunday 2 January 2011

1st New Years Resolution.... Finish this dam picture!!!

Happy New Year Folks!!! Here's to another roller-coaster year of events, highs and hopefully not too many lows!
This pic is still looking a bit crude. It was a Christmas commission i was asked to design and paint a few weeks back, but have still not finished it. I've been very busy working on a few other tricks iv currently got hidden up my sleeve (all will be revealed soon).

So, like i said, this is not the final image as im still working into it, eventually aiming to erase all trace of solid line and having simply colour do all the work. I still need to add vibrant highlights and really push my colours but its slowly getting there.

Hope every one had a wonderful Christmas and all the best for a very happy new year ahead!! Lets hope it's a gooden!!

Lots of loves, Left over Christmas pud, Christmas crackers, New stripy socks, a mince pie of three, New years Resolutions that never stick, bit of extra holiday weight, a spoonful of sugar and a stack of 'thank you' cards to write,
Tcat.xx

11 comments:

L Rossi said...

It's certainly coming along! :)
.... and hark, what is this.... tricks up your sleeve?! I will keep 'my eyes peeled', 'fingers crossed', and hope everything works out for you in 2011!! :)
Lx

Ken said...

Hey Tori! It looks good to me! Hope you had a great Christmas and new year... and all the best for 2011. I hope its awesome :D

Sami said...

Hey Tori! Love your blog :) It is amazing!

Thanks for the visit and the sweet comments on my blog :)

Unknown said...

Hey Tori, just wanted to say thanks for the kind words over on my blog! I can't believe all the amazing stuff you have worked on! I applied to work as an animator on frankenweenie (which I see you did some work on) but didn't get it this time around. Keep up the amazing art!!

ibby k said...

Happy New Year Tori, I was looking at your blog yesterday (just got the internet back). I saw this piece an got confused if its a traditional or digital. the character look pretty trad but the trees looks digi.

You look like you had fun in the US an Disney studios, i'm pretty envious about this, but in a good way. :D

I hope to see some more khool drawing on your blog and i'll try blogging more in my simple style.

Thanks for your words of wisdom and comments. ;D

libra bear said...

I can feel the child like passion that went into this one. Hope you had a good christmas. Still jealous of the Glen pic.

ray forkan said...

hi there, i'm a friend of Nik Andersen, i saw your comment on his blog and checked out your blog, its great stuff, you are a savage draftsman! all the best. ray

Jason Pruett said...

At least you started a christmas card picture . . I kept meaning to and never got around to it. hmm . . maybe if I put it on my 'to do' list now I'll get it done for 2011. thanks for posting.

Danny Araya said...

your work is gorgeous, can't believe I never stumbled upon it until now

messytimbo said...

Hey Tori! Hope your keeping well? sounds like you are.

I'm good. the films was on hold from october due to studio space, which sucked coz there was such little left to do. any way i've been back in last week rendering everything. now i gotta wait for the final sound and it's all done. hope fully by the end of the month it'll be online.

thanks for the comment.

Richard Gaines said...

It's so great to hear from you, Tori! Thanks so much for visiting my blog and the wonderful comment.

It was a real pleasure meeting you at CTN. Your talent is phenomenal and your resume impressive without a doubt!

I'll be moving out to Burbank in a few weeks, so there will be more to get my feet wet in.

Keep up the astounding work!!